Every week, I look forward to talking about Half the Church on Midday Connection with one or both of these two—Anita Lustrea (left) and Melinda Schmidt (right). We’re coming down the home stretch, and I’m already dreading the day when this series will be over and I won’t have my weekly Anita/Melinda shot. Both are solid thinkers and amazing interviewers who don’t frustrate their guests with shallow discussions about their work. I’m grateful to have them as friends.
Next chapter on tap is The Blessed Alliance—the partnership between God’s male and female image bearers—a central kingdom strategy God unveiled in the beginning, that the Enemy broke up in the fall, and that Jesus came to recover by making his followers one.
Midday Connection airs daily at 1:00 ET/noon CT. You can listen online or check their website for local listings. If you missed a previous broadcast, they’re filed by date, and you can listen here to catch up.
- April 6: Introduction—Seeing Beyond Ourselves
- April 13: Chapter 1—Going Global (I was in the Moody Radio studio for this session and got caught on video, which Midday has posted on FaceBook.)
- April 20: Chapter 2—Identity Theft
- April 27: Chapter 3—Bearing God’s Image in a Broken World
- May 4: Chapter 4—The Shaping of a Leader’s Soul
- May 11: Chapter 5—The Ezer Unbound
- May 18: Chapter 6—Here Comes the Bride!
- May 25: Chapter 7—The Blessed Alliance