Tune in Wednesday for the final segment of Midday Connection’s 8-week series on Half the Church.
I have loved doing this series with Anita Lustrea and Melinda Schmidt and have been looking forward to this final broadcast. Anita and Melinda have done an amazing job of getting to the heart of my book, which isn’t always the case in radio interviews. But instead of being in a plane today, heading home from Bogotá, I have been sick in a hotel bed all day with 24hr flu and praying Frank won’t get sick too.
To wrap up the series, Anita will be playing interviews she conducted at Synergy2011 in Orlando this past March. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear some of the great things Synergy women are doing to respond to what Sheryl WuDunn and Nicholas Kristof describe as “the greatest moral challenge of our time.” Anita and Melinda will also be taking calls from listeners to see how they are engaging in ministry and/or how the series on Half the Church has impacted them.
The final chapter of Half the Church—“Waking the Sleeping Giantess”—brings us to the unavoidable conclusion that we must act. I am personally heartened by growing numbers of women and girls who are stepping up to address this crisis. I pray their numbers will increase.
Midday Connection airs daily at 1:00 ET/noon CT. You can listen online or check their website for local listings. If you missed a previous broadcast, they’re filed by date, and you can listen here to catch up.
- April 6: Introduction—Seeing Beyond Ourselves
- April 13: Chapter 1—Going Global (I was in the Moody Radio studio for this session and got caught on video, which Midday has posted on FaceBook.)
- April 20: Chapter 2—Identity Theft
- April 27: Chapter 3—Bearing God’s Image in a Broken World
- May 4: Chapter 4—The Shaping of a Leader’s Soul
- May 11: Chapter 5—The Ezer Unbound
- May 18: Chapter 6—Here Comes the Bride!
- May 25: Chapter 7—The Blessed Alliance
- June 1: Chapter 8—The Great Debate
- June 8: Conclusion—Waking the Sleeping Giantess